China’s prominent smartphone maker company ,Xiaomi today announced it’s latest flagship device ,the Mi5 at events held in Barcelona,Beijing & New Delhi today.
Mi5 is successor to Mi4 launched by the company 18 months ago.The new handset has 5.15-inch 1080p display with almost no bezels on either side and runs on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820,up to 4GB of RAM and 128GB of storage, a 3,000mAh battery which supports Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging., and what Xiaomi is calling a “3D ceramic” body. On the back of the device, there’s a 16-megapixel rear-facing camera, which uses Sony’s IMX298 sensor and optical image stabilization, along with a 4 megapixel camera on the front of the device.The phone also has a fingerprint sensor just below the display and comes with USB Type-C port .
The Mi 5 runs Xiaomi’s MIUI 7 interface on top of Android 6.0 Marshmallow, and comes with weekly software updates from Xiaomi’s community.Xiaomi Mi5 is company’s first smartphone that ships with its new cross platform video chat app,Vidyo.
The phone will be available starting on March 1st and will be available in black, white, gold and ceramic and will be priced at 1,999 yuan ( about $261) for the entry-level 32GB version and 2,699 yuan ( about $354) for the high-end 128GB model.
Then phone will be available in China from st followed by India with “other markets” coming after that.
Xiaomi Mi5 Specs In Detail :
- OS : Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Xiaomi’s MIUI 7 Interface
- CPU : Snapdragon 820 Processor
- Screen : 5.15 inch 1080 x 1920 IPS LCD(428 PPI)
- RAM : 4GB
- Camera : 16 megapixels rear camera + 4 megapixel front camera
- Battery : 3,000 mAh
- Dimensions : 5.69 in (144.6mm) x 2.72 in (69.2mm) x 0.29 in(7.3mm)
- Weight : 4.90 oz (139 grams)
- Price and Availability : 32 GB :1,999 yuan ( ~ $261) , 64GB : 2,699 yuan ( ~ $354) and March 1
Watch Early Hands On Of The Device Via The Verge Youtube :